Friday, June 5, 2015

Second Contract Review

We haven’t signed a contract yet, but we are close.

We met with Sara, our designer, to review the initial contract and made a number of changes.  After contacting her subcontractors she made the appropriate changes.  She also came out with an HVAC guy to get a quotation to add air conditioning to all 5 of the upstairs rooms.

I really need to think of that as a separate project that’s being done in conjunction with the remodel.  But somehow my brain can’t help but adding those two sums together.

We got the revised contract.  I still have some open questions to Sara:

Sara:

A couple things:

11.1 I assume that the "stairs" adder include removing the carpeting.  What would installing new carpeting cost?

11.1.  I am having a hard time getting my head around $5k for two closets.  What other options do we have?

11.1 AC.  I assume that the electrical all was adequate?

9.1, third bullet point should reference the 7 windows, not 6

8.1 Let's discuss the hardware.  I don't recall what it looks like, but we may want to replace it.

7.1.  I assume that includes removing any miscellaneous carpet remnants, tacks, etc.

Laurie and I will discuss over the weekend.  Looking forward to hearing back from you.


--Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment